Saturday, February 18, 2012

Photography

One of my secret (and recently, not so secret) new obsessions is photography.

When I have time, I've been devouring tutorials and pretty photos online. The only problem is, I seem to lack the...it's not really motivation, I guess it's more like some balls, to go out and just start shooting photography on my own.

I can't decide if this is because I'm afraid of looking like a lame ass, or because I seem to find myself drawn to photographing people and animals.

I'm just not a huge landscape/flowers type of photographer. I am just so fascinated with people that those seem to be more the type of photographs I'm drawn to.

Today while perusing the internetz, I came across a blog that discussed doing self portraits. With nothing else to do I decided to give it a shot. I didn't really follow the exact tutorial because my face is covered, but I'm feeling a bit more confident in taking pictures of myself.



Honestly, I'm pretty proud of this shot with the wavy mirror.  But I still have so much to learn.

I decided after taking approximately 50 pictures of myself (and only liking the one above), I would turn to my favorite subject. Carter.

It's so hard to get a clear shot of him, because usually by the time my older cameras would snap the photo, he'd be looking all pissed off.


So I was pretty happy with this shot too.

I just need to grow some big ones and start traipsing around town taking photographs of anything and everything to get more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know, I stalk this a lot. I'm not joking.