Monday, March 5, 2012

Crazy Train

So, I signed up for the Gladiator 5k that's coming on March 17th.  At first I was like, "HELL YEAH!" but now I'm more like, "Oh god, I'm going to suck so bad."

I'm down 15 pounds so far and I'm fitting into clothes that have been in the back of my closet for the past three years (maybe longer, who knows).  It's fun to walk into my closet lately and go, "Hm I wonder if I can squeeze my ass into these?" and then it works.

But I'm nowhere near ready to run a 5k, let alone do one with obstacles.  Let's just safely say that my motivation is the beer at the end. :)

And now, a picture to show you what I will look like on the day of the big event.


Yeah, see that person circled in red? That's going to be me.  This year at least.

Next year, I'm going to be badass at this. This is my goal.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the race. Love that picture because that would SO be me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love the pic. It's awesome you signed up for the 5K. Best of luck (and beer is a great motivator)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's me every Tuesday and Thursday at soccer practice...the other people in the picture are the 10 and 11 year old girls I coach...they're running away so they don't get blamed for my heart attack...

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know, I stalk this a lot. I'm not joking.